Monday, October 08, 2012

I know you're here

Tomorrow will be exactly a year from when my sister in law was hospitalized. On October 26 she left this world, and left us all with a big hole.

At the start of this month my brother and I have been experiencing her presence. Things showing up, being moved, dreams, etc. It's a bit strange, yet oddly comforting. The following lyrics from Barry Manilows song "I know you're there" explain it perfectly.

My friends all use the past tense when they speak of you And so to make them comfortable I use it too They'd soon have me committed if they only knew What I believe with all my heart is true

I know you're there Although it's nothing I can prove I know you're there By just the way the shadows move And though I said goodbye and finally let you go I know you're there Although I don't know how I know

I know you see The crazy things I sometimes do They make you laugh So I still do them just for you And when I'm entertaining all the friends I love I know you see And that you're laughing from above

You needn't panic I'm not consulting any guru Calling psychics Or practicing with voodoo I'm not manic or depressive I just miss you

So I'll go on Enjoying every lovely day Because I'm sure You would've wanted it that way And when there's sorrow it's no more than I can bear Because you are, and always were, and always will be there

No comments: