Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lab work, OH MY


So, my fearless doctor... Peter C. Rowe...without whom I would most definately be dead by now, sent me a wonderful gift in the mail. A laundry list of blood work with a post it not on it saying "we'll get a more complete set of labs when you come up for your next appointment".

My fatigue and pain have been so much worse lately... so he sent me this list to go over when I am able to get to Hopkins to see him. Hahahhaa... how much more complete can you get than this.....

CBC, differential, Comprehensive metabolic panel, C-reactive protein,Free T4, TSH
Vitamin B12, Vitamin D; 25-hydroxy , Vitamin A, Ferritin
Tissue transglutaminase antibody, carnitine
Lyme ELISA antibody, Lyme western blot IgG and IgM
IgG and IgM antibodies to Babesia microti
IgG and IgM antibodies to human granulocytic ehrlichiosis
IgG and IgM antibodies to human monocytic erlichiosis
Quantitative immunoglobulins (IgG, IgM, IgA)
ANA and double-stranded DNA
C3 and C4 complement

FUN!

So in addition to the increase in pain and fatigue, I am frequently having pressure headaches at my surgery site. I often hear gurgling (sp) and have swelling in the surgical area...even though the surgery was 9 years ago. The fear is, because of the Ehlers danlos; the cerebellar tonsil has re-descended into the area that they made larger and is also filling with spinal fluid. I have a feeling I am also in for MRI's to determine if a shunt will need to be inserted.


I am not in panic mode yet, as he tells me when it is time. I have complete faith in my doctors, my family, and most of all, my GOD. I will need to take a few hours off of work to have the lab work done...as I have been told that it is approximately 13 vials of blood, and we will go from there.


So keep praying that everything goes as it should, and if something is found in these labs, that it is treatable and will help make me more functional once remedied.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow. Well, I hope you find the answers you are looking for, and that you start to feel better ASAP. And if they could leave you with at least a little blood, that might be nice. ;)